SCVAA Basketball Homepage
Basketball Equipment Return is scheduled for Sat. April 9th. 2022 from 1:00-3:00 PM. and on Tuesday, April 12th., 2022 from 6:00-7:00 PM
Please return gear to Lucy Winton Bell Athletic Fields Equipment Shed at the Southern end of the complex. 15601 Hudson Rd. S., Afton, MN. 55001
2021-2022 Basketball Registration Has Closed.
On-line registration is the preferred method of signing up for VAA Programs and ensures the timing and confirmation of your registration.
There will be a $20 late fee assessed to all 2nd.-12th. grade registrations received after the Oct. 18th. deadline.
Late registrants may also be placed onteams on a space-available basis. Late registrants will only be accepted if there is room on a team. Late Registration will remain open until teams are filled.
2021-2022 SCVAA Basketball Registration Fees
K/1st. Grade - $85
2nd. Grade - $100
3rd.-6th. Grade - $165
7th - 12th. Grade - $195
Basketball Coordinators Needed
Coordinators Needed: Basketball Coordinators are needed for the 2021-22 season.
Please contact the basketball commissioner at: email@example.com if you would like to help plan and coordinate an age level for the 2021-22 basketball season.
- Kindergarten and 1st grade basketball program (K/1) is offered on Saturdays starting mid- January and runs for six weeks. The program is done as a camp for the first 5 weeks with games the final week. Registration for K/1 closes mid-December. Some changes have been made due to safety concerns.
- Grade 2 will play once per week, alternating between practices and games. Games will be played 3 on 3. The season will begin mid-November and conclude mid-Feb.
- Grades 3rd thru 6th will use paid referees, have one practice and one game per week (Saturday Games), and possibly have a year-end tournament. Season runs mid- November to mid-Feb.
- The girls 3rd-6th grade program will now remain in-house only if team numbers allow.
- The length of the season for 2nd grade in-House leagues is longer.
- We will utilize paid referees in the 3rd thru 6th grade In-house leagues.
- We may have a year-end tournament for the 3rd thru 6th grades.
- Improved Coaching. We will provide coaches with helpful web sites, books, videos and clinics in a coaches handbook.
- ONLINE registration will be available on this web site beginning Sept.
One of our goals is to form community/school based teams. Many factors, including facility constraints, coaching volunteers and team capacities go into the team selection process. Accurate and timely registration information enables us to do a better job of forming these teams; therefore, we encourage you to register promptly. Priority will definitely be given to those who register on time!
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please contact any of our commission members. They are listed, with their responsibilities, in this website.