SCVAA Basketball Homepage
2020-2021 SCVAA Kindergarten-12th Grade Basketball has been cancelled.
Update December 28th:
Due to a number of different factors: high current covid Infection numbers, loss of 25% of previously registered players and coaches, a shortage of referees...etc., it is with a heavy heart that we have made the decision to cancel the basketball season this year due to Covid-19. This decision was not an easy one, as we were hoping to be able to give the kids at least some sense of normalcy during this crazy year. In the last couple of weeks we have had more cancellations than expected, now over 25%, and we are also continuing to receive requests on a daily basis. This is making the process to make teams difficult considering many of the cancellations were people that volunteered to coach. We were truly hoping to have a season this year, but with the number of kids that are withdrawing, it is making it extremely difficult.
We will be working on getting full refunds, less a $5 or $10 service fee (depending on original registration fee amount) to cover the original credit card processing fee, envelope, check blank, stamp...etc. out over the next few weeks. You do not need to do anything to receive a refund. All refunds will be in the form of a check mailed to the address on file when registered. Please note: We are not able to move registration fees from one sport to another or issue credits on credit cards. This process will take 2-4 weeks to complete so we appreciate your patience.
We understand that this may not be the most popular decision, however we do feel it is the correct one. We will always prioritize safety over everything else. With the high rate of infections expected to last through January and since we have already lost two months of the season, time is running out to have any type of safe or meaningful basketball program this year.
We look forward to hopefully having a normal 2021-2022 basketball season.
Update November 20th:
With the latest MN. Executive Order pausing all youth and High School Sports, Basketball Registration has been paused. We will resume registration in Jan. if the situation allows? If there is no basketball season this year, refunds will be automatically issued. If there is a season and you do not want to participate, please follow the procedures listed on the Policies/Refunds Tab under our General Section. We are hopeful we will still be able to have a basketball season starting in Jan. and running into March but we will only do so if we feel we can procede safely.
On-line registration is the preferred method of signing up for VAA Programs and ensures the timing and confirmation of your registration.
There will be a $20 late fee assessed to all 2nd.-12th. grade registrations received after the Oct. 24th. deadline. Late registrants may also be placed on
teams on a space-available basis. Late registrants will only be accepted if there is room on a team. Late Registration will remain open until teams are filled.
There will be numerous safety protocols added for the 2020-2021 season.
All participants will need to provide their own basketball and face mask.
2020-2021 SCVAA Basketball Registration Fees
K/1st. Grade - $85
2nd. Grade - $100
3rd.-6th. Grade - $165
7th - 12th. Grade - $195
- Kindergarten and 1st grade basketball program (K/1) is offered on Saturdays starting late January and runs for six weeks. The program is done as a camp for the first 5 weeks with games the final week. Registration for K/1 closes mid-December. Some changes have been made due to safety concerns.
- Grade 2 will play once per week, alternating between practices and games. Games will be played 3 on 3. The season will begin mid-November and conclude mid-Feb.
- Grades 3rd thru 6th will use paid referees, have one practice and one game per week (Saturday Games), and possibly have a year-end tournament. Season runs mid- November to mid-Feb.
- The girls 3rd-6th grade program will now remain in-house only if team numbers allow.
- The length of the season for 2nd grade in-House leagues is longer.
- We will utilize paid referees in the 3rd thru 6th grade In-house leagues.
- We may have a year-end tournament for the 3rd thru 6th grades.
- Improved Coaching. We will provide coaches with helpful web sites, books, videos and clinics in a coaches handbook.
- ONLINE registration will be available on this web site beginning Sept.
One of our goals is to form community/school based teams. Many factors, including facility constraints, coaching volunteers and team capacities go into the team selection process. Accurate and timely registration information enables us to do a better job of forming these teams; therefore, we encourage you to register promptly. Priority will definitely be given to those who register on time!
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please contact any of our commission members. They are listed, with their responsibilities, in this website.
Questions? Please contact the SCVAA Basketball Commissioner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible.