SCVAA Basketball Homepage
All registration and activities for 2020-2021 SCVAA Kindergarten-12th Grade Basketball has been paused.
Update November 20th:
With the latest MN. Executive Order pausing all youth and High School Sports, Basketball Registration has been paused. We will resume registration in Jan. if the situation allows? If there is no basketball season this year, refunds will be automatically issued. If there is a season and you do not want to participate, please follow the procedures listed on the Policies/Refunds Tab under our General Section. We are hopeful we will still be able to have a basketball season starting in Jan. and running into March but we will only do so if we feel we can procede safely.
On-line registration is the preferred method of signing up for VAA Programs and ensures the timing and confirmation of your registration.
There will be a $20 late fee assessed to all 2nd.-12th. grade registrations received after the Oct. 24th. deadline. Late registrants may also be placed on
teams on a space-available basis. Late registrants will only be accepted if there is room on a team. Late Registration will remain open until teams are filled.
There will be numerous safety protocols added for the 2020-2021 season.
All participants will need to provide their own basketball and face mask.
2020-2021 SCVAA Basketball Registration Fees
K/1st. Grade - $85
2nd. Grade - $100
3rd.-6th. Grade - $165
7th - 12th. Grade - $195
SCVAA Basketball Referees Wanted
Click the link below to sign-up for the 2020 SCVAA Basketball Referee or Scoreboard Worker Clinic:
This clinic is for officiating VAA basketball grades 3-6 both boys and girls. Games take place on Saturdays in December - February between 8 am - 6 pm. If you are not available during these times, please do not sign up as space is limited.
The clinic will be held in the gym at Lake Elmo Elementary on Wednesday, December 2nd.. Times are available when you sign-up. Please come dressed and prepared to practice officiating, face masks are required.
- Must be in 8th grade or 14 years old
- Must have good knowledge of basketball and the rules
- Good communication skill and able to work well with a team
A online concussion training is required prior to officiating. Additional information and paperwork will be available at the clinic. Contact Steve McRunnel at 651-500-8414 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Date: 12/2/2020 (Wednesday)
Location: Lake Elmo Elementary Gymnasium (Enter via door # 2S)
- Kindergarten and 1st grade basketball program (K/1) is offered on Saturdays starting late January and runs for six weeks. The program is done as a camp for the first 5 weeks with games the final week. Registration for K/1 closes mid-December. Some changes have been made due to safety concerns.
- Grade 2 will play once per week, alternating between practices and games. Games will be played 3 on 3. The season will begin mid-November and conclude mid-Feb.
- Grades 3rd thru 6th will use paid referees, have one practice and one game per week (Saturday Games), and possibly have a year-end tournament. Season runs mid- November to mid-Feb.
- The girls 3rd-6th grade program will now remain in-house only if team numbers allow.
- The length of the season for 2nd grade in-House leagues is longer.
- We will utilize paid referees in the 3rd thru 6th grade In-house leagues.
- We may have a year-end tournament for the 3rd thru 6th grades.
- Improved Coaching. We will provide coaches with helpful web sites, books, videos and clinics in a coaches handbook.
- ONLINE registration will be available on this web site beginning Sept.
One of our goals is to form community/school based teams. Many factors, including facility constraints, coaching volunteers and team capacities go into the team selection process. Accurate and timely registration information enables us to do a better job of forming these teams; therefore, we encourage you to register promptly. Priority will definitely be given to those who register on time!
If you have questions, comments or suggestions, please contact any of our commission members. They are listed, with their responsibilities, in this website.
Questions? Please contact the SCVAA Basketball Commissioner via email at email@example.com and we will reply to your inquiry as soon as possible.